Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Awaited Update!

So the blog is coming out of hibernation.

I think Liz and I are both weather people. The sunnier, the more work I accomplish; the cloudier, the more relaxed I am and less likely to do work. When it comes to temperature, oh boy. The colder it gets, the crankier we get. It really does seem to be some form of hibernation. We take less misadventure trips, do more in the apartment, and this also seems to collide with a lot of work on the job-side of life. However--the cold weather is losing the grip it once held, the sun is showing up a bit earlier, and we are getting outside again (today we were able to successfully take a walk around campus in flip-flops)!

To catch you up to speed, not much has happened recently in our little family life.

Liz took an amazing trip to Padukah, Kentucky last week and loved every minute of it. She went with a few of her friends from work, Jessi and Susan. The favorite part of Liz's day was sitting on the riverfront eating ice cream (Liz has since determined that living near a body of water would put her in a constant state of relaxation, so we'll keep an eye out with the next search). Liz has a great photo of all three of them together, and once we get it on the computer, we'll pass along the picture to you.

While Liz was in Padukah, I was hanging out in Seattle for The Placement Exchange. I had brought the camera with me, and only took one picture...and it was lousy. Highlights of the trip were friends and food. I was able to catch up with a lot of UCA people, including: Brandi, Calvin, Lindsey, April, Joe, Sheets, and Jenni. The food that I had the chance to experience ranged from the wonderful places we all know (Cheesecake Factory...twice) to some other really great places including the Icon Grill (who can do things with macaroni and cheese that I didn't know was possible) and Beth's Cafe. We had seen Beth's on the Travel Channel's "Great Places to Pig Out" and went there for breakfast the next morning. Three of us shared one of their famous Twelve-Egg Omelettes (the smallest omelette you can get, by the way, is 6-egg). I believe I ate between 5 and 6 of the eggs myself. Here's a couple snapshots one of our recruiters got with her phone.
You'll notice that it comes out on a pizza pan; what you do not see is the layer of hashbrowns between the omelette and the pizza pan.
Yes, we finished it.

On a completely different note and super-exciting--We have new cell phones! Yeah, it is a big deal. At what other time in this blog's history have so many words been bolded in a row?

New phones, new numbers, new carrier (Sprint), and the ability to text unlimited! If you would like a chance to see what these wonderful phones look like, you can check out Liz's Lotus and my Rant.

Anyway, that's all for now. We're expecting to start our explorations again next week, so tune in for updates!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

You forgot to mention the Thai place we ate at. It was freaking amazing, Crab Fried rice in one of my new favorites!