Monday, November 3, 2008

This is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!

Hey, everyone!
Time to post our Halloween stuff. As you can probably imagine, more than likely it will consist of more pictures than words. We didn't end up going to any haunted houses except the one that our RAs put on...which, surprisingly, wasn't all that bad.

Our party this year was attended by about 30 people (25 of which were Schneider Hall Staff, 3 of Liz's family members, and Liz and I). While we had a ton of fun, it was also a ton of work. We only survived with the help of Liz's brother, Donny; his wife, Kelly; and Liz's mom.
Next year we anticipate holding a Halloween party for a different crew of people. The only disadvantage to having such a large party is that it makes it really hard to play any games.

Anyway, enough words...let's get to the pictures!
Let me take you on a tour of our apartment. Many of the things we did were too dark or focused on lighting, so we'd have needed a photographer to do the work. We're still working on that... Outside of our apartment was a pumpkin that Liz and I carved. Liz did all of the gross work that I would never want to do. She gutted the pumpkin and scraped it clean. While she did that, I drew out a sketch of Jack Skelington. Then I had the luxury of carving it without breaking it...and it worked!So after walking into the apartment, you would walk down a hall lit by flickering flame lights that had pictures drawn by a "little girl that died." Our kitchen had a good amount of food in it, including the classic brain, a rat we were conducting experiments on (you'll see a before and after), and a blacklight with some glowing things.
Aside from the kitchen, a good amount of time was spent decorating the living room, spare room, and bathroom. The best living room picture showcases our window decorations, but we have lanterns and lights providing all the lighting from the ceiling. The spare room doesn't have any good pictures, but it was set up a little bit as a lab with potion bottles and test tubes that contained candy liquid and powders. The bathroom was by far the creepiest. When you walked in, there was a strobe light flashing behind the shower curtain. The wig was Liz's genius. Also, to get to the spare room or the bathroom required you to work your way through streamers that had floating bones scattered throughout it.
Liz had a great idea to showcase all of our Halloween costumes we've done during the past four years, so I thought I'd go ahead and do that from most recent on back.
Wow...look at those crazy college theater kids...I can't help but add the following photo for balance. We just took this picture yesterday at Giant City State Park.
Now that we've released you from nightmares, have a good night.

No comments: