A couple of weekends ago, Liz and I had the opportunity to travel to my parents' home in Lowell, Indiana. In this short little weekend, Liz and I worked the entire time helping out in different ways as my sister was having some little event commonly called a wedding.
The house was jam-packed with air mattresses as there were family members from all over the place all arriving at random points in the night. Poor Alec (my nephew) woke up thinking it was Christmas or something where all the toys were replaced with people. When he went to bed, there were three people in the house (including himself) and when he woke up there were... twelve.
The weekend was insanely busy, but it was worth it. I had the opportunity to see Alec's last soccer game of the season, while Liz was stuck in a hair salon wishing she was getting to watch the game. Honestly, though...she didn't miss much. The best part was the end of the game, where the little players were all given trophies. After getting his trophy, Alec asked me, "What's it say?" Written on it was something horribly boring like: "Lowell Parks Department 2008." Because four-year-old's know what a parks department is. So...being the great uncle I am, I lied. "Alec, it says you're a winner!" "Alright! I'm a winner!"
The reception was a good amount of fun, the food was great, and Alec busted out dance moves that went out of style before his mother was born. Sadly, in the rush to get from the soccer game to the wedding, I misplaced my camera that wasn't found until we were packing up to head back to Illinois. Thanks to my dad who sent a couple photos to Liz and me.
At some moments, Liz and I felt as if we were at some photo shoot. Then we had the realization that "a lot of these people didn't attend our wedding...now we get it!" Tons of fun, and a few good photos.
I've got nothing else to say, except the men in this family sure have good taste.
1 comment:
Liz, that dress is uber flattering on you (and I don't use the word uber because I hate it, but it was the only word that was appropriate to me that expressed how truly flattering that dress is on you). Seriously, you are beautiful.
Post a Comment